Cas is getting really tired of your shit.
Cas.. I just.. This scene killed me. KILLED ME.
I love that Dean was ‘freaking thrilled’ that Cas is back. I love that Cas got angry at him for pressing the issue of going back to Heaven. And I love Dean getting up and sitting in front of Cas and saying “talk to me”. And later, after Sam walks in, he keeps glancing over at Cas.. How cute are these two? Seriously.
And this bit, this just destroyed me.
And Dean, he gets it. He’s worried but he gets it. He understands hating yourself and feeling worthless. He understands being in Cas’s position and how sometimes it’s so tempting to just step to the edge and look down in to the abyss, so to speak.
And Cas.. Cas, I just love him here. He is depressed but he’s being SO honest with himself and SO honest with Dean. This episode, he was trying to run and pretend but he gets that he can’t do that anymore. He knows what he has to do and he knows how impossibly difficult it all is, but he’s still fighting and growing. I am so proud of him.
I just love all of this. Love it love it love it.
Excuse me while I go rewatch this and cry some more about it.
AU idea: Dean and Cas are two world renouned serial killers, and begin a game of cat and mouse, leaving each other messages in their victims, winking/waving at each other on security cameras. Eventually, it’s going to come to a head when they both pick the same victim; Sam Winchester.
I WOULD DO ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD TO SEE MISHA COLLINS’ REACTION TO THIS VIDEO.
I don’t even watch this show and I love these two.
njksdalksdlds THE ARTIST DREW THEM HAPPY. IF ONLY THEY KNEW THE SLINKY WAS A METAPHORE FOR DEAN’S GAY THOUGHTS AND THE FACT THAT HE HAD NO CHILDHOOD.
‘By this point, Dean’s alcoholism is in full swing, and early in the episode, we see him drinking himself to sleep (note the empty beer bottle by the bedstand) and having nightmares about Cas dying, Sam shooting at Dean in madness, and his killing Amy (again the projection thing!).
Note that unlike the scenes of Sam’s madness or Amy’s death, Dean’s memory of Cas’s death is shot in a strange negative space, with jerky, uneven camera shots. Even in dreams, Dean is unable to linger on the moment for too long. And it says something important that he can look his brother’s madness in the eye, but when he tries to reconcile Cas’s death, his brain shuts down and goes off the rails. He can’t deal with the idea, even in dreams.’
Oh my sweet summer child.
- Castiel is an angel. HE DOESN’T HAVE A GENDER. He is a celestial wave length of intent that happened to be placed into a male vessel. Considering the fact that all angels are genderless, they don’t conform to human standards of sexuality.
- But in regards to sexuality: direct quote from Cas: “I am utterly indifferent to sexual orientation” in case you were wondering how this particular angel feels about that.
- Don’t take this to mean that angels are asexual. Look at Balthazar and Gabriel. Both were very open about the fact that they enjoyed sex, with humans. And it’s more than possible that Balthazar had sex with men and women, considering he was once pulled a way from a, “What’s french for a 12-way?” That would be a lot of women for one dick.
- I personally don’t believe Dean is 100% straight. His siren, a creature that is almost exclusively a woman in lore/experience, took a man’s form, because that’s exactly what Dean wanted. Dean, who is supposedly “super macho and straight” and “wants an apple pie life” and “loves strippers” wanted a guy. The siren could have easily been a woman who was into sports and cars. But it was a man. Come on now.
- I think that it’s possible for Dean to be bisexual. I feel like if he was, Dean would have stamped down those feelings growing up, because he would have felt like it was a disappointment to his father. (Whether John would have been accepting or not, which I don’t really thing he would have been, but that’s another rant) But it would kind of make sense, considering Dean’s sexuality has become a bit more ‘fluid’ since seasons one/two, when Dean was very much in the ‘good little soldier’ mindset.
- When going back in time, Dean checked out the men in uniform over the women walking by. When going into the brothel looking for Clif, he had no qualms about lifting up the sheet to check for the birthmark, and made no comment besides, “Well you look great” He makes references to Bert/Ernie being gay when talking about Cas’ virginity. He made reference drawing a parallel between the two of them and Thelma/Louise.
- Obviously, Dean likes women, and likes sleeping with them. But he’s never had a real connection with them. The closest he got was Cassie and Lisa. And don’t get me wrong, I liked Lisa. I do not have any hate for her like some of the fandom. She helped Dean from going off the deep end the year Sam was gone. But Dean was falling into someone else’s life, and was never 100% open with himself/his life/his past, when he really could have been. Lisa was a tough chick. She could have handled it. She INVITED him to share that stuff, but Dean just couldn’t do it.
- Castiel literally knows every part of Dean. He knows the things he did in Hell. He knows his fears/secrets. He rebuilt Dean’s body and placed his soul back in it. He rescued Dean from the pits of Hell. He’s the only being on Earth that knows every part of Dean and loves him. Whether you want to claim it as romantic or not, Cas loves Dean. (edit: yes there is no doubt in my mind that Sam does/would love Dean no matter what, I’m just saying Cas knows every specific detail of the horrible things Dean has done)
- If Castiel was in a female vessel, the entire world would be crying out of their deep love. Everyone would be on the edge of their seat waiting for them to finally get together. It is canon that Dean and Cas are best friends. If Cas was played by an actress, EVERYONE would be like, “Oh okay, they’re ‘friends’ but obviously so much more. When will they finally get together??”
- Just because someone identifies as straight, it doesn’t make it impossible for them to fall in love/be sexually attracted to someone of the same sex. I know a couple people who identify as straight who happen to be in a relationship with someone of the same sex. Sexuality is pretty fluid in my eyes.
- I’m just going to leave this quote from Kinsey (if you don’t know who that is, look up the Kinsey scale) “Males do not represent two discrete populations, heterosexual and homosexual. The world is not to be divided into sheep and goats…The living world is a continuum in each and every one of its aspects.”
- “Blow me Cas”
- “Cas, not for nothing, but the last person who looked at me like that…I got laid”
- “I’d rather have you, cursed or not.”
So, those are all reasons I would like to see Cas and Dean together. OH! But the most important one, and the only one I really need to justify it (because it’s a ship, and you can pretty much ship anything you want without having to have a really thought out explanation because it’s fiction and shipping is fun):
- I like it when their dicks touch.
I’m just going to leave this here. again. because it’s very accurate.
This is the most beautiful and accurate post i’ve ever seen.
Now, this is the proof that we have the most amazing photographer in the universe; these pictures all came out very bright due to some lighting issues on that day, but can you see that here? No you can’t. Because Jill is awesome. We’re not worthy.
b e s t
#jumping on this pain train #’I wish I could age with you instead of staying the same’ #I wish you could have introduced me to your mother over dinner and that your dad would be happy for you (even though he may not approve) #I wish I could have been your plus one to Sam and Jess’ wedding and you wouldn’t be telling a lie when you wore that tux’ #’I wish I had your coffee ready in the morning’ #’I wish I slept next to you and actually slept because I needed the rest. Not because I’ve been hurt or drained.’ #Maybe I’d snore but you’d find that charming’ #I wish I could show you how important you are. And not because of your bravery or stenght.’ #’But because I need you for my happiness. Because I love you.’ #’I wish we were allowed to *be* happy.’ #’I wish our happiness didn’t have to feel like selfishness.’ #’I wish the oven would break and you’d have to fix it. For a week it would be take-out and delievery pizza’ #’I wish I owned a t-shirt with your favorite band logo on the front.’ #’I wish we stressed about bills and how we should help Sam’s kids through college.’ #’Because Yale costs much more than a Winchester could afford.’ #’I wish those bills came in the mail with the name ‘Castiel Winchester’ printed on them.’ #’Sorry #Maybe that was too forward.’ #’I wish I was your friend. And you were mine. Even though we have been much more for so long.’ #I wish I had a peanut allery.’ #’And couldn’t eat the nuts at the bars we visit.’ #I wish we had nights when we talked for hours about our days and our co-workers. #Becasue we *want* to hear about each other’s days.’ #’I wish we had inside jokes no one else understood.’ #’I wish we had a routine.’ #’I wish I was a person and not an angel with broken wings.’ #’I wish I had a childhood.’ #’I wish you did too.’ #’I wish I got to see your hair turn grey. And I wore reading glasses.’ #’I wish we could be old men together.’ (Via apathyacres)
No please… Kill me. Shred the skin off of my body because that would hurt way less than this.
IT JUST KEEPS GETTING WORSE!